Crock Pot Beef and Broccoli
photo by blubutterfly512
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 20mins
- 1 lb boneless beef chuck roast, sliced into thin strips
- 1 cup beef consomme
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 bunches fresh broccoli florets
- Place beef in a crock pot.
- In a small bowl, combine consomme, soy sauce, brown sugar, oil, and garlic. Pour over beef. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- In a cup, stir cornstarch and 2 tablespoons sauce from the crock pot until smooth. Add to crock pot. Stir well to combine.
- Add broccoli to the crock pot. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook an additional 30 minutes on high (the sauce has to boil for it to thicken).
- Serve over hot cooked rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<img src="http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg"> <br>I am a mother of 3 children, Brent (17), Kaylee (15), and Cole (12). We have a very busy schedule most days so I love finding easy and quick recipes using fresh ingredients. I have been a Girl Scout leader for 10 years. I am a "Vacation Junkie" so I come home from every vacation and start planning the next one! If I don't have a vacation to look forward to then I fall into a deep depression! My new favorite cookbook is "The All New Ultimate Southern Living Cookbook". I'm only about halfway through it but everything looks absolutely YUMMY!!! My dream is to completely renovate my kitchen to be a Gourmet's Delight...you know, granite countertops, big deep sink, top of the line appliances, etc.