Chef #601730's Note:
As a grad student, I'm always looking for recipes that are quick, easy and relatively cheap, but taste great at the same time! I adapted this ziti dish from a number of recipes online after none of them were precisely what I wanted. I hope that you enjoy it too. The cheese is simply what I tend to keep in the fridge and therefore what I had to put the recipe together. It was a good combination, but you can substitute whatever you would like for it. Equally, you can leave out the ground beef if you'd like it to be vegetarian. I would perhaps substitute some mushrooms, spinach, etc. for it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups ziti pasta
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce (I use Napa Valley Bistro's Homemade Marinara)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon mrs dash's italian seasoning (a shake or two of the bottle)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (a shake of the bottle)
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce (a shake or two of the bottle)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup broccoli
- 1/4 lb ground beef (I use 10% fat, vegetarian-fed beef)
- olive oil
- 1Cook and drain ziti as per box instructions. Set aside.
- 2In a greased 9x9 pyrex dish, mix together spaghetti sauce, 1/4 c mozzarella, 1/4 c cheddar, 2T parmesan reggiano, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, and hot sauce.
- 3In olive oil, saute garlic, broccoli and beef for a few minutes, until beef is brown. Season it to taste.
- 4Add sauted ingredients and ziti to pan, and mix together well.
- 5Top with remaining cheeses, and bake at 350F for half an hour.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Baked Ziti
Serving Size: 1 (212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 858.0
- Calories from Fat 284
- Total Fat 31.5 g
- Saturated Fat 15.4 g
- Cholesterol 97.5 mg
- Sodium 1188.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 96.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 13.8 g
- Protein 44.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: