Three Cheese Baked Ziti
Taken from the Anita's Recipes website, which notes that this recipe was adapted from Lipton, Inc. I haven't made it yet because it serves TWELVE, although obviously the ingredients could be cut to serve less. Sounds pretty tasty to me!!!
- Ready In:
- 15 ounces fat-free cottage cheese (or low-fat, if you can't find fat free)
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 16 ounces ziti pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 26 ounces reduced-fat spaghetti sauce
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Prepare a 13x9 pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cottage cheese, eggs, and parmesan cheese; set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, combine cooked pasta, pasta sauce, and salt. Spoon half of the pasta mixture into prepared pan; evenly top with cheese mixture, then remaining pasta mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 30 miuntes, or until heated through.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was a great hit with my family! Lasagne taste but easier to prepare.It filled my 9 x 13 pan full but I also added another 2/3 jar of spaghetti sauce. I used whole wheat Ziti noodles and it tasted so good my family didn't even notice them being whole wheat! 7 of us ate all but 1 serving but our serving size tends to be 'too big' anyway! This is a keeper in my recipe folder!Reply
This looked pretty easy to do and I had all of the ingredients so that's what I made for dinner last night. There's no way it could serve 12 unless everyone had a small portion. I made the recipe as written and four of us had just over half of it with a salad and garlic bread. So I think it would be safer to say it would serve 6 - 8. Having said all that, we enjoyed the meal and I would probably make it again just because it was so easy.Reply