Baked Ziti With Spinach, Sausage, and Mozzarella
Delicious ziti recipe with fresh spinach. Easy!
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 lb hot Italian turkey sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup pesto sauce
- 10 ounces ziti pasta, cooked
- 8 ounces fresh spinach leaves, chopped (stems removed)
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese (3 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Heat heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add sausage, onion, and garlic, and saute until sausage cooked through, about 10 minutes, breaking up meat with back of spoon. Add tomatoes with juice to pan. Simmer until sauce thickens slightly, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Stir in pesto sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lightly oil 13 x 9 glass baking dish. Combine pasta, spinach, mozzarella, and 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese in large bowl. Stir in hot tomato sauce. Mix gently until spinach is wilted. Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish. Sprinkle remaining 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese over top. Bake until sauce bubbles and cheese melt, about 30 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was insanely delicious! I was hesitant at first because there was no tomato sauce involved. I had no spinach but had turnip greens! I'm not a recipe person and didn't feel like shopping. I searched for ingredients I had on hand and this recipe popped up! I'm just flabbergasted! I will most definitely add this to my most wanted list of foods! Thank you so much!1Reply
see 28 more