Quick and Easy Baked Ziti
- Ready In:
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (26 ounce) jar pasta sauce with mushrooms
- 1 (12 ounce) package ziti pasta or (12 ounce) package penne pasta, cooked and drained according to package directions
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly grease a 9x13" baking dish; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, cook sausage, onions, green pepper, and garlic over medium heat until sausage is browned; drain fat.
- Add pasta sauce and cook until mixture is hot, stirring occasionally. Add pasta to the sauce mixture and mix well. Stir in 1 cup of the Mozzarella cheese, mixing until well combined.
- Pour mixture into the prepared baking dish. Top with remaining 1 cup Mozzarella cheese and the Parmesan cheese. Cover with foil.
- Bake at 350ºF for 15 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
Join The Conversation
A quick, easy and very good pasta dinner. I used a red bell pepper since the hubby doesnt care for green, ziti pasta, and an italian blend shredded cheese instead of the mozzarella. Served with a side tossed salad and fresh italian baked bread. This one is going in my favorite's cookbook. Congrat's again on your win Sue! Made and reviewed for the Football Pool 2019 - Week 14.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hi! Thank you for visiting my About Me page. I live in northern California (about 2 hours north of Sacramento). My husband and I live on 10 acres where we grow alfalfa and have a small family orchard of fruit and nut trees. We also have 2 horses, 2 cats, a Dexter cow and calf, and 13 chickens.<br /><br />I am married to a wonderful guy (since 1979), and we have two terrific kids. Our daughter (born in 1981) has her college degree in microbiology. Our son (born in 1983) has his college degree in computer science.</p>