Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
A GREAT way to have baked potatoes in the summer without heating up the kitchen with the oven. Use whatever dried herbs you wish in place of salt. I use a garlic herb mixture or Mrs. Dash.
- Heat grill to 350. Set up grill for in direct cooking.
- Rub each potato with olive oil.
- Put salt on wax paper or zip lock bag. Coat each potato with salt.
- Arrange potatoes in a cast iron pan.
- Place on in direct side of grill.
- Turn over half way through cooking time.
Worked like a charm! Great tasting baked potatoes without the foil or the worry about burned spots. Thanks for the technique.
Perfect baked potatoes!! In fact, I'm making more tonight. Thanks for sharing the recipe!