Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
So easy and yummy. One of my family's favorites.
- 2 pork chops (thin chops are best)
- 1 (1 ounce) package brown gravy mix
- 1 (4 -6 ounce) package 10-minute Success rice
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- garlic salt
- vegetable oil (about 1/4 inch deep in pan)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Pour vegetable oil into pan about 1/4-1/2 inch deep, and place on medium high heated burner.
- Season pork chops with garlic salt and pepper.
- Cover pork chops on both sides with FLOUR.
- When oil is hot, brown pork chops on both sides.
- Place pork chops in baking dish, and cover with water (the amount of water decides how much gravy you will have, so you decide. I suggest about 1 1/2 inches deep in an 8x11 1/2 inch pan). Place pan in oven and bake at 375°F for about 25 minutes or until pork chops are no longer pink inside.
- Take pork chops out of the oven and pour the brown gravy mix into water.
- Return pork chops to the over and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Now is the time to make the rice.
- Prepare according to package directions.
- Take pork chops out of the oven and serve with gravy over rice.
I have been doing the same thing with pork chops since I was 9 years old (baked with brown sugar, served with white minute rice and string beans!) this was a welcome change, Thanks Jess!
Wow. I was looking for a simple delicious pork chop recipe that I could make with what I already had, and this fit the bill Perfectly. Now I can't wait to try your Baked Sausage Potatoes that take kelbasa sausage. Thank-You Jessica.
This recipe deserves more than five stars! I made it for my husband and son who loved it! My son asked if there was more meat, which is a rarity!!!!! I am adding this to my rotation as it's simple to prepare and good!!! Comfort food at it's best!