Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄8 lb boneless skinless chicken (thighs or breasts)
- 28 ounces diced fire-roasted tomatoes or 28 ounces diced tomatoes
- 2 cups frozen artichoke hearts or 2 cups canned artichoke hearts
- 2 yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 3 tablespoons capers
- Heat a large, heavy pot over medium-high. Once it’s hot, heat the olive oil, then add the chicken. Sear on each side until golden, about 3 minutes per side.
- Add the tomatoes, onions, artichoke hearts and red pepper flakes and give everything a big stir. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer for 20 – 30 minutes, or until the onions are transparent and the chicken is cooked through.
- Shred the chicken with two forks, or skip this step. Serve and top each portion with a few capers.
This was fabulous! I used 1 lb. of boneless chicken breasts. I salted & peppered them before searing. I also tossed in a little white wine, and reduced the crushed red pepper to just 1/2 tsp. Served with brown basmati rice, corn and crunchy rolls, it made for one delicious dinner. I would happily make this again!