Prep 30 mins
Cook 18 mins
Recipe and photo from The Country Cook
For the Danishes
- 2 tubes crescent rolls
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- cinnamon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 -4 teaspoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F).
- Separate dough into eight rectangles. Seal perforations.
- Using a brush or spoon, spread melted butter all over crescent rolls. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture (2 tablespoons white sugar mixed with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon).
- Roll up from long side; pinch edges to seal. Holding one end, loosely coil each.
- Now you want to get in there with your fingers and spread out the dough some to make room for the filling. Just pull and stretch to make a nice dent in the middle.
- Open can of apple pie filling and using a knife, cut apple slices into smaller chunks. Just keep poking and slicing around until all your apples are cut into more manageable pieces.
- Place on cookie sheet that has been sprayed with nonstick spray. Top each coil with about 2-3 tablespoons of apple pie filling.
- Sprinkle the tops with a bit more cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake at 350(F) for 15-18 minutes, or until golden brown.
- For the glaze, in a bowl, combine powdered sugar, vanilla and milk. Stir until smooth and drizzle over each warm danish. These taste best when served warm.