Recipe by Little Bee
Virginia has wonderful Apples in the Fall and I love to bring a big bag back from Shenendoah when we go to the Mountains for the day. I'm not much of a baker but this is a wonderful foolproof dessert that is so easy and delicious!
Top Review by Chef h&h
I could not wait to try this recipe. It seems so easy and delicious. I am sorry it came out so bad. I was reluctant to put it out for my family. It seems that some kind of liquid is missing. After baking it for 15 minutes I opened the oven and it looked like soggy chunks. We tried it. It was too sweet and I did not find any apple taste and it was not really attractive. I am sorry I will not make this cobbler again.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 6 medium tart apples, cored and peeled. (I like Granny Smith)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine apple slices with sugar and cinnamon in large bowl.
- Sprinkle 1/4 of cake mix over the top.
- Toss until apples are completely coated.
- Spoon 8-inch square baking dish sprayed with non stick cooking spray (I like to use the butter flavored).
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Place remaining cake mix in medium bowl.
- Dribble 1/2 cup melted butter over the top.
- Toss until mixture forms large crumbs.
- Sprinkle over partially cooked apple mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes longer or until the top is puffed and yellow.
- Serve warm, with Vanilla Ice Cream or Whipped Cream.