- 6 -8 peeled sliced apples
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar (or more if desired, OR half of EACH white sugar with brown sugar)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cold, and cut into small cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 2-qt casserole.
- Place sliced apples in prepared casserole dish.
- In a bowl, mix lemon juice and water; pour over the apples.
- In another small bowl, mix sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt; pour over the apples and the lemon/water mixture.
- Dot with chopped butter on the top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes; stirring occasionally.