Recipe by LiisaN
Easy Appetizer Meatballs - that is like a Swedish meatball or stroganoff meatball. I make these instead of the BBQ style and are always a hit at parties.
Top Review by hddreamers
Loved this! Did make a few slight changes. Used low sodium brown gravy and just 1 can of cream of mushroom soup. Added 2 pinches of oregano, 2 pinches of garlic powder and a pinch of black pepper. Still had LOTS of sauce if just serving as appetizers. Tasted similar to those fave meatballs at Ikea.
- 1 (2 lb) packagefrozen homestyle meatballs, thawed
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 2qt saucepan, mix the brown gravy according to package directions.
- (I use one that requires 1 cup water) Once gravy is thickened, add the cream of mushroom soup and sour cream.
- Blend well.
- Place the thawed or partially thawed meatballs in a crockpot (or add to the gravy mixture and heat through on stovetop).
- Add the gravy to crockpot and heat on low.
- May be served over rice, noodles, or potatoes.