Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
Don't let the simplicity of this easy recipe fool you, it's good enough to serve to guests, when you make this you will get rave reviews! This dish is best served as soon as it is made.
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- 3 cups fresh white button mushrooms, sliced (can use more or less mushrooms)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (optional or to taste)
- 3 -4 tablespoons butter (more if needed)
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese (cut into small cubes)
- salt and black pepper
- 2⁄3 cup half-and-half cream or 2⁄3 cup full-fat milk
- 3 -4 tablespoons chives, snipped
- grated parmesan cheese
- For the sauce; in a medium saucepan cook the mushrooms in butter until the mushrooms loose there moister (you can remove the mushrooms or leave them in the saucepan).
- Add in onions and garlic; saute for about 3 minutes, or until the onions are soft (adding in more butter if needed).
- Stir in the cream cheese; cook over low heat, stirring constantly until the cheese has melted.
- Gradually add in half and half cream or milk and chives; stir to heat through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until only al dente; drain and place in a large serving bowl.
- Pour the sauce over the cooked pasta; toss to coat.
- Sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese over top and serve.
- Pass more Parmesan cheese at the table,.
I used goat cheese instead of cream cheese and sour cream instead of milk. Fabulous!
chiffinade some basel to sprinkle on top and some nice Regianno grated.
Serve with Garlic bread. If you use low fat sour cream you will cut calories down and olive oil for the saute instead of butter.
So yummy! I just made it a bit healthier by using 1 T olive oil instead of butter and milk instead of cream and also added some spinach. It was great- thanks!
Thick and Creamy! I used a pound of pasta added thyme. Mushrooms and thyme go so well together. I also used light cream. When I added the pasta to the sauce I also added some pasta water. Thanks for a yummy dish!