1/2 Photos of Easy Angel Hair Pasta With Creamy Mushroom Sauce
Don't let the simplicity of this easy recipe fool you, it's good enough to serve to guests, when you make this you will get rave reviews! This dish is best served as soon as it is made.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- 3 cups fresh white button mushrooms, sliced (can use more or less mushrooms)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (optional or to taste)
- 3 -4 tablespoons butter (more if needed)
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese (cut into small cubes)
- salt and black pepper
- 2/3 cup half-and-half cream or 2/3 cup full-fat milk
- 3 -4 tablespoons chives, snipped
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1For the sauce; in a medium saucepan cook the mushrooms in butter until the mushrooms loose there moister (you can remove the mushrooms or leave them in the saucepan).
- 2Add in onions and garlic; saute for about 3 minutes, or until the onions are soft (adding in more butter if needed).
- 3Stir in the cream cheese; cook over low heat, stirring constantly until the cheese has melted.
- 4Gradually add in half and half cream or milk and chives; stir to heat through.
- 5Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until only al dente; drain and place in a large serving bowl.
- 7Pour the sauce over the cooked pasta; toss to coat.
- 8Sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese over top and serve.
- 9Pass more Parmesan cheese at the table,.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Angel Hair Pasta With Creamy Mushroom Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 341.5
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 56.4 mg
- Sodium 157.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 8.9 g