Shrimp and Angel Hair Pasta
photo by DianaEatingRichly
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb angel hair pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (can be cooked or uncooked, see steps for instructions for each)
- 2 teaspoons garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth (can substitute half with white wine to increase flavor)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon lemon peel, grated fresh
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice, squeezed fresh
- 1⁄2 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook pasta according to package instructions and drain.
- While pasta cooks, heat one tablespoon of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, shrimp (if using uncooked shrimp), and 1/2 tsp each of salt and pepper. Saute two minutes or until shrimp are barely pink and/or garlic is soft.
- Add broth and crushed red pepper. Increase heat to high.
- Add cooked shrimp (if not using uncooked shrimp in step 2).
- Cook on high heat for 2-3 minutes (just one minute if you used uncooked shrimp earlier), until shrimp are warmed through.
- Stir in lemon peel and juice.
- Put the pasta in a serving bowl, add the remaining tablespoon olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Add the shrimp mixture, parsley, and cheese (gradually so as not to clump up the cheese). Toss to mix and serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
The recipe has good potential, I felt more like I was making a soup than anything else though, and the lemon juice was a liiiiittle to bright for mine and hubby's taste. What I might do next time is make the lemon juice be 1/16c and the broth 1/2c. That might solve the brightness issue and soupiness, I believe it's a good recipe otherwise :)
Rated it at 4 stars ONLY because I didn't have all ingredients listed. I had to 'tweak' it. But came out great! Less broth used and had only thin spaghetti it worked fine. Adaptable recipe. Thanks for sharing. Substitutions work in this easy-to-make recipe. BTW I minced garlic. Garlic, butter, shrimp and pasta! What's not to love?
I made this recipe as written. Instead of Angel Hair Pasta I used Fettucine. I didn't have any fresh parsley so I used dry. I also used the option of 1/2 white wine and 1/2 chicken broth that was listed in the recipe. The recipe was easy to make and delicious. I will definitely make this again. Thanks for sharing.
see 15 more reviews