Recipe by mevernon
A sweet and savory chicken dish that is great served with rice
Top Review by Sallyabreak
this was so fantastic. Very very delicious. The perfect tasting sweet and sour and tangy sauce. I have been searching for a good sauce for a long time, and lo and behold, I find it when I wasn't even looking for it. I just wanted a fast meal LOL. I think it's the ketchup that's the difference, I'm not sure. But it is great. I didn't cut up the chicken, I just used tenders and coated them and fried them, and put them on brown rice and spooned the sauce over top. I had never heard of using cornstarch as a coating, either, and it was really good. I only used a couple tablespoons of oil to cook the meat in, so it wasn't truly 'fried chicken'. But this was delicious. Fantastic.
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- cut chicken breast in small pieces.
- coat with corn starch and fry until done.
- I a small sauce pan add kethup , vinegar,brown sugar, soy sauce,water,sesame oil and red pepper flakes
- bring to boil when it starts to boil add 1 tbs of corn starch with water to thicken sauce. salt and pepper to taste.
- after sauce is thick add chicken to it and heat chicken in it.
- Serve with white rice.