Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A sweet and savory chicken dish that is great served with rice
Make and share this Easy 5 Star Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- cut chicken breast in small pieces.
- coat with corn starch and fry until done.
- I a small sauce pan add kethup , vinegar,brown sugar, soy sauce,water,sesame oil and red pepper flakes
- bring to boil when it starts to boil add 1 tbs of corn starch with water to thicken sauce. salt and pepper to taste.
- after sauce is thick add chicken to it and heat chicken in it.
- Serve with white rice.
this was so fantastic. Very very delicious. The perfect tasting sweet and sour and tangy sauce. I have been searching for a good sauce for a long time, and lo and behold, I find it when I wasn't even looking for it. I just wanted a fast meal LOL. I think it's the ketchup that's the difference, I'm not sure. But it is great. I didn't cut up the chicken, I just used tenders and coated them and fried them, and put them on brown rice and spooned the sauce over top. I had never heard of using cornstarch as a coating, either, and it was really good. I only used a couple tablespoons of oil to cook the meat in, so it wasn't truly 'fried chicken'. But this was delicious. Fantastic.