Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I have been having this every easter ever since i can remember, i was so glad when my grandma finally gave me the recipe!
- 1 large loaf French bread (cubed)
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄2 lb grated monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 lb thin slices ham
- 21 eggs
- 3 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 4 green onions (minced)
- 1 cup sour cream cheese
- 2⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- Grease both pans with butter.
- Spread bread in bottom of dishes and drizzle with butter.
- Spread cheese and ham over bread.
- Mix all ingredients together but sour cream.
- Pour over bread, cheese, and ham.
- Cover and refrigerate over night.
- Bake at 325 for 1 hour covered.
- Spread sour cream and parmesan over.
- Bake 10 more mins.
Very, very satisfying as a late breakfast! I cut the recipe in half & THEN, when it was out of the oven, I cut it in half again to share with a neighbor couple! Now it looks like I'll have a use (other than just slicing & eating) for the last half of the French bread loaf, 'cause we enjoyed this so much, I'm gonna make it again tomorrow for the neighbors, since they have guests overnight tonight, & I do love cooking for them! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this fall's round of Pick A CHef]