Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is something that was a treat to us, as kids. We use to love getting to make a mess in the kitchen with this meal. It's a wonderful dish for any event.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) cancrushed tomatoes with juice
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans (do not drain)
- 6 cups Frito corn chips, Fritos
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Brown beef with onions and garlic.
- Drain off excess fat.
- Add tomatoes, chili powder, sugar, salt and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cover and simmer 1 hour.
- Add beans, juice and all.
- Simmer uncovered for 15 minutes or until thick.
- Serve over Frito corn chips, rice or use for chili dogs.
- You can also make frito wraps with a little cheese added in the wrap, then microwave for 10-15 seconds.
- Top with grated cheddar cheese for a special treat.