Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A healthier alternative with tons of flavor.
Make and share this East Meets West - a Stir Fry recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried chili flakes
- 6 ounces ground chicken
- 3⁄4 cup cliced onion
- 3⁄4 cup sliced red bell peppers or 3⁄4 cup yellow bell pepper
- 3⁄4 cup small broccoli floret
- 3⁄4 cup sugar snap peas or 3⁄4 cup snow pea pods
- 3⁄4 cup zucchini, sliced into matchstick strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 cups hot cooked brown rice
- Heat wok or large skillet over medium/high heat.
- Add veggie oil and chile flakes.
- Add soy sauce, chicken, broccoli and bell pepper; stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add pea pods, zucchini and onion;stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add garlic, ginger and honey;continue to cook an additional 2-4 minutes until veggies are close to desired doneness.
- Mix broth, sesame oil and corn starch; add to your pan.
- Stir constantly until boiling, reduce heat and simmer for 2-4 minutes.
- Place rice on serving dish (es).
- Pour stir fry mixture over rice and serve.
- I served it family style on one big platter and allowed everyone to scoop out what they wanted.
This was very simple, and very delicious. I used more chili flakes than asked for per our tastes, and also used a bit more garlic. This was very good; I will be making it again :) Thanks
I hvt agree w/BonnieZ. This recipe is a great BASE. I lacks something: sweet chili sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, additions of this nature wld definitely liven up this dish. It's relatively EZ w/the potential t/b great. TY for sharing. ;)
I found this to be just ok. The recipe as written was bland for our taste and the blend of flavors a bit off. I wish I would have read the prior review as an increase in the chili flakes, garlic and ginger would have made a difference. Thank you Just Married for sharing the recipe.