A healthier alternative with tons of flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chili flakes
- 6 ounces ground chicken
- 3/4 cup cliced onion
- 3/4 cup sliced red bell peppers or 3/4 cup yellow bell pepper
- 3/4 cup small broccoli floret
- 3/4 cup sugar snap peas or 3/4 cup snow pea pods
- 3/4 cup zucchini, sliced into matchstick strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 cups hot cooked brown rice
- 1Heat wok or large skillet over medium/high heat.
- 2Add veggie oil and chile flakes.
- 3Add soy sauce, chicken, broccoli and bell pepper; stir fry for 1 minute.
- 4Add pea pods, zucchini and onion;stir fry for 1 minute.
- 5Add garlic, ginger and honey;continue to cook an additional 2-4 minutes until veggies are close to desired doneness.
- 6Mix broth, sesame oil and corn starch; add to your pan.
- 7Stir constantly until boiling, reduce heat and simmer for 2-4 minutes.
- 8Place rice on serving dish (es).
- 9Pour stir fry mixture over rice and serve.
- 10I served it family style on one big platter and allowed everyone to scoop out what they wanted.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for East Meets West - a Stir Fry
Serving Size: 1 (367 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 583.2
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 72.2 mg
- Sodium 808.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 24.7 g
- Protein 27.0 g