Recipe by Nancy Ann
I love perogies but not all the work it takes to make them. I decided there had to be an easier way and this is what I came up with.
Top Review by Dominick & Amanda
This is simple to prepare and is very delicious! I made homemade mashed potatoes to use and added some green onion to the potato/cheese mixture. I served this with a side of mixed veggies, which my husband said complimented the dish. He mixed it all together. This definitely needs to be served with something else because it is a little bland on its own. We thoroughly enjoyed this dish!
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 cups mashed potatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 whole onion, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles as directed on package. Drain.
- Mix cheese, mashed potatoes, salt, onion salt and pepper together.
- Line bottom of 9x13 pan with one third of the noodles. Next layer one half of the cheese/potato mixture, then another layer of noodles, another layer of cheese/potatoes and ending with a layer of noodles.
- Melt butter in frying pan and saute onions slowly until clear and soft. Pour over noodles. Cover. Bake 30 minutes in 350 degree oven. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Serve with sour cream.