Rosemary Butter Cookies
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 10mins
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- Mix together flour, salt, and baking powder.
- In another bowl, cream butter and sugar with a hand mixer.
- Add in egg, and beat until well combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients, beating until just combined into a dough (do not overmix).
- Add chopped rosemary and beat for 20 seconds, until mixed inches
- Roll dough into a log (or two), wrap in waxed paper, and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. The dough can be frozen at this point.
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Slice dough into rounds 1/4 inch thick.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet and place cookies 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until the cookies are very lightly browned.
- Cool cookies on a cookie rack. They taste best when cooled completely.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm an opera singer and teacher living in Miami, FL. My mom taught me how to cook, and I absolutely love trying new flavors and techniques.