Rosemary Brown Butter Cookies
photo by Meghan O
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter, browned and cooled
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar (I used dark brown)
- 2 teaspoons rosemary, finely chopped (fresh rosemary is best)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Brown the butter my melting in a light-bottomed saucepan (so you can see when the butter turns brown), stirring frequently, until the butter browns and develops a nutty aroma. Set aside to cool.
- Sift the flour, salt, and baking soda together.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the brown butter and brown sugar together.
- Add the rosemary, egg, and molasses.
- Add the flour mixture.
- Drop 1 tablespoon of dough onto baking sheets (I use a small 1T cookie scoop).
- Bake for 7-8 minutes, until the edges begin to brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!