Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I'm young, and this is one of the things I just LOVE to cook. I eyeball everything, so these here are estimations. Have fun with it.
- beef, cut into cubes (depends on how much your family loves meat)
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 3 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 2 carrots, cut into whatever shape u like. boil them till just about cooked beforehand.
- cilantro (optional)
- green pepper (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 1 can sweet peas
- 4 cups chicken broth or 4 cups water
- 2 cups rice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cumin, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili flakes, again,to taste (plus whatever else spices u have on hand. have fun.)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- put a pot on the stove over high heat, and put the meat.
- Cook until all the water cooks out.
- Add oil, onions, salt, pepper, and any seasonings you have on hand.
- Cook until the meat is browned.
- Add the tomatoes, cover, and let that cook down.
- It gives it a wonderful color.
- Add carrots and peas, and cover to let all the flavors come together.
- Add the rice, and immediately add the water or broth.
- Cover and let that come to a boil.
- Once it boils, turn the heat down as low as it will go and cook until there's no more water left, and the rice is done.