1/2 Photos of Dutch Baby With Cranberry Orange Syrup
1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 28 mins
Sydney Mike's Note:
This recipe was found in the recent edition of USA Weekend, Dec 23-25, 2011, & we found it makes for a delicious breakfast! Actually it would be great anytime of the day! NOTE: the syrup takes less than 10 minutes to make, while each Dutch Baby takes about 22 minutes from start to finish. The preparation time is calculated for making the syrup plus 4 of the pancakes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees F & position a rack in the middle position.
- 2Whisk milk, eggs, vanilla extract & salt in a medium bowl, the vigorously whisk in the flour until mostly smooth. Let stand a few minutes & whisk again until smooth.
- 3In a small saucepan, bring marmalade, cranberries & 1/3 cup water to a simmer over medium heat, then continue to simmer 3 or 4 minutes or until the mixture has a light syrup consistency. Cover & letset.
- 4Meanwhile, in a heavy-bottom 10-inch (preferably cast-iron) skillet, heat butter over medium heat until light golden brown, Then pour milk mixture into the skillet.
- 5Put the skillet into the oven & bake 15 to 17 minutes, or until puffed & golden.
- 6Without removing the Dutch Baby from the oven, sprinkle with the sugar & then turn the oven to broil, & broil several minutes more or until very puffy & golden brown.
- 7Serve immediately from the skillet & drizzle with the syrup.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dutch Baby With Cranberry Orange Syrup
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 284.4
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 138.2 mg
- Sodium 183.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 26.0 g
- Protein 7.7 g