Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are not your normal pancakes. Let them puff up as big as you want it just adds to the flavor and fun for young kids. This was a family favorite found in a vegetarian cookbook my mother had but we have our own variations. You'll probably want to make a double batch.
- 3 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 5 1⁄2 tablespoons butter or 5 1⁄2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup honey or 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Melt 1 1/2 tbs butter in a regular size skillet.
- Mix Eggs, Flour, Milk, and Salt together in a bowl. When well blended put in skillet.
- Cook for 15 minutes in oven.
- Drop temp to 350 and cook for another 10 minutes.
- While pancake is cooking mix 4 tbs butter, Applesauce, honey or sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a small sauce pan and warm.
- Cut pancakes like a pie and top with sauce.
I made these for my husband, and he ate the whole batch. He rated "more than 5 stars". Thanks for posting!