Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
Make and share this Dulce De Zapallo - Candied Squash in Spiced Syrup recipe from Food.com.
- Wash the squash well, slice it open and remove all the seeds and membranes.
- Cut the squash into medium sized pieces and place them in a large pot with the chunks of panela and spices.
- Add the water and bring to a boil over medium heat, boil for about 30 minutes with the lid on.
- Uncover and simmer for about 1 hour or until the syrup thickens.
- Remove from heat and serve warm with a slice of fresh cheese.