This pie puts a sweet new twist on a classic dessert.
Make and share this Dulce De Leche Cheesecake recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon whipping cream or 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 egg
- 1 (6 ounce) keebler ready crust shortbread pie crusts
- In heavy small saucepan combine 1/2 cup cream and brown sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Bring to moderate, steady boil. Boil, uncovered, about 5 minutes or until mixture is reduced to 1/2 cup, stirring occasionally. Stir in sweetened condensed milk. Refrigerate.
- In small mixing bowl beat cream cheese, granulated sugar and flour on medium speed of electric mixer until fluffy. Add 1 tablespoon cream, vanilla and peel. Beat until combined. Add egg, beating until just combined.
- Pour into crust. Place on baking sheet. Drizzle with half of brown sugar mixture. Gently swirl with knife. Bake at 350* for 30 to 35 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Before serving, in small saucepan cook and stir remaining brown sugar mixture over low heat until warm. Cut cheesecake into wedges. Drizzle with warm brown sugar mixture.