Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This pie puts a sweet new twist on a classic dessert.
Make and share this Dulce De Leche Cheesecake recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon whipping cream or 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 egg
- 1 (6 ounce) keebler ready crust shortbread pie crusts
- In heavy small saucepan combine 1/2 cup cream and brown sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Bring to moderate, steady boil. Boil, uncovered, about 5 minutes or until mixture is reduced to 1/2 cup, stirring occasionally. Stir in sweetened condensed milk. Refrigerate.
- In small mixing bowl beat cream cheese, granulated sugar and flour on medium speed of electric mixer until fluffy. Add 1 tablespoon cream, vanilla and peel. Beat until combined. Add egg, beating until just combined.
- Pour into crust. Place on baking sheet. Drizzle with half of brown sugar mixture. Gently swirl with knife. Bake at 350* for 30 to 35 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Before serving, in small saucepan cook and stir remaining brown sugar mixture over low heat until warm. Cut cheesecake into wedges. Drizzle with warm brown sugar mixture.
Great cheesecake recipe! The sauce was pretty inpressive too. My fiance loved it, coming from a colombian household where the babies loved plain La Lechera for dessert. Thanks for this one!
omg!!! i am going to get soooooo fat, DH and I loved this recipe. Easy to make and easier to eat. Tasted exactly like Dulce de Leche!!! A keeper!