Dulce De Leche Cheesecake
photo by Bonnie G #2
- Ready In:
- 1hr 40mins
1 cheese cake
- 1 3⁄4 cups crushed gingersnap cookies (about 35 cookies)
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can dulce de leche
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 cup dulce de leche
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 inches square). Securely wrap foil around pan. In a large bowl, combine cookie crumbs, walnuts, sugar, cinnamon and butter. Press onto bottom and 2 inches up sides of prepared pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in milk, flour and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust.
- Pour dulce de leche into a microwave-safe bowl; microwave at 50% power until softened. Drop dulce de leche by tablespoonfuls over batter; cut through batter with a knife to swirl.
- Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 inches of hot water to larger pan. Bake 60-70 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull.
- Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chips; stir until smooth. Stir in chili powder. Spread over cheesecake. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk dulce de leche and hot water until smooth; drizzle over cheesecake. Yield: 16 servings.
- Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Nestle La Lechera dulce de leche; look for it in the international foods section. If using Eagle Brand dulce de leche (caramel flavored sauce), thicken according to package directions before using.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>As of 6-14-2013 DH will be completing his tour in Trinidad, which has been a wonderful adventure; and returning home to Dayton, WA. We'll miss all our friends and time there, but looking forward to enjoying home life on the ranch for awhile, while we see what the next adventure might bring.</p> 8726453"