Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
For ZWT #6. I got this recipe from Egyptdailynews.com site. It says that it is used for dipping bread after first dipping it in olive oil. I think it would make an interesting topping for various breads if it is left a little coarser.
- Dry roast sesame seeds until lightly browned, then remove from pan.
- Roast the hazelnuts for about 5 minutes and then remove their skins by rubbing them in a kitchen towel. If you choose to use the roasted chickpeas, they don't need further roasting.
- Dry roast the coriander and cumin seeds just until they darken. Remove from pan.
- When everything has cooled off, add other ingredients and pound or process to a coarse powder in a food processor.
- This will keep for 3 months in a cool place, in an airtight container or jar.
Yum! I haven't met a dukkah that I didn't like so far, and this is no exception. I used hazelnuts and thyme. Thanks for posting!
Made for Visit Egypt / N*A*M*E Forum