1/2 Photos of Duff's Bread Pudding
This is in answer to a request on the boards. It is one that was given to me by Recipe Goldmine when I was searching for one. Duff's always had the most awesome bread pudding around!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups non-dairy powdered coffee creamer
- 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 8 slices white bread, cut in 1 inch squares
- cinnamon, to taste
- 1Mix water and creamer in a mixing bowl.
- 2Add margarine, beat for 30 seconds.
- 3Add sugar, vanilla, eggs, and salt.
- 4Beat on high speed for 1 to 2 minutes more.
- 5Place 3 cups of the mixture in an ungreased 9x13 pan.
- 6Top with raisins.
- 7Then add bread cubes.
- 8Mix well and top with remaining mixture.
- 9Sprinkle generously with cinnamon.
- 10Bake at 325°F for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- 11Cool and top with Nutmeg Sauce.
- 12Sauce: Combine sugar, cornstarch, and nutmeg in small saucepan.
- 13Stir in milk and margarine.
- 14Cook over medium heat until the mixture begins to thicken.
- 15Add vanilla extract, and stir constantly until thick.
- 16DO NOT BOIL!
- 17Pour over cooled bread pudding.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Duff's Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (298 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 967.7
- Calories from Fat 453
- Total Fat 50.4 g
- Saturated Fat 20.2 g
- Cholesterol 197.3 mg
- Sodium 891.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 117.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 92.9 g
- Protein 13.7 g