Recipe by Chabear01
This is out of Country Cookings Prize Winning Salads recipe collection. This is not only a good side dish, but also hearty enough to be a meal on it's own. Prepare this ahead of time for the flavors to blend.
Top Review by *Parsley*
A really delicious and hearty potato salad! I used fresh corned beef and white onion in place of the green. It's gets better the longer it chills. Thanx for posting this.....it's a real keeper!
- 3 large white potatoes, about 1 1/2 pounds
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 cups cabbage, finely shredded
- 12 ounces cooked corned beef or 12 ounces canned corned beef, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup dill pickle, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, cover potatoes with lightly salted water and boil until tender. Drain, peel, and cube.
- Combine vinegar, sugar, celery seed, mustard seed and 1/2 tsp salt; drizzle over still-warm potatoes. Cover and chill.
- Just before serving, fold in cabbage, corned beef, pickle and onions.
- Combine mayonnaise, milk and remaining salt; pour over salad and toss gently.