Recipe by ng
This shrimp doesn't smell or taste like its too drunk, but definantly has a kick to it! It is super easy and fast to make and always a hit at dinners for an appetizer or would even make a great main course.
For the Drunken part
- 3 limes, scrubbed
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar or 2 teaspoons superfine sugar, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup rum
For the Shrimp
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus additional amount
- 1 lb medium to large shrimp, shelled and deveined, about
- finely chopped mint (optional) or cilantro (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the grill or broiler or grill pan or skillet pan over medium heat.
- For the Drunken part: Cut each lime into 6 wedges.
- Place 12 wedges (2 limes) and shaker or mortar and, using the end of a wooden spoon or pestle, muddle or mash until the lime pulp begins coming away from the rind and the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the rum and shake or stir to combine.
- For the Shrimp: Pour the rum mixture, including the rinds into a shallow bowl, add the garlic, oil and shrimp and stir to combine.
- Set aside for no more than 5 to 7 mintues (or else the lime juice will start to"cook" the shrimp) Drain the shrimp, discarding the marinade.
- If desired, skewer the shrimp.
- Lightly oil the grill or whatever pan you are using and"grill" the shrimp, turning as necessary just until pink and cooked through (about 2 to 3 minutes per side).
- If desired, sprinkle with mint or cilantro, and serve immediately with the remaining lime wedges on the side.