Recipe by The Kissing Cook
This recipe actually cooks for 3-5 hours. Put it on in the morning and let it simmer most of the morning. TRUST ME ON THIS...everyone will go crazy for these!!!
Top Review by Bonnie G #2
Made these for our 4th of July barbq and everyone loved them - so differant and easy to fix. I made them as directed expect for step #2, in the rush forgot to take of the lid so the liquid would reduce - but just drained them off when ready to serve and they where great. Next time I might add some extra worcehstershire sauce and dill weed just for a little more intense taste. Thanks KC for a great recipe.
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 3 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 4 -5 lbs fresh whole mushrooms, stems trimmed
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 quart Burgundy wine
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 garlic clove, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, bring 2 cups water to boiling. Stir in Bouillon cubes until dissolved. Add remaining ingredients. Slowly bring to a boil over medium heat; reduce to simmer. Cover and simmer 3 hours.
- Uncover; simmer 3 additional hours until liquid is reduced so it just covers mushrooms.
- Adjust seasonings before serving.