- 3 cups full-bodied red wine, such as Merlot
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1⁄4 cup fruit pectin, such as Sure-Jell
- 8 ounces goat cheese
- 1⁄3 cup pistachios, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine wine, brown sugar, orange, and cinnamon stick in saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low, and simmer 20 to 25 minutes, or until liquid has reduced to about 3/4 cup.
- Strain sauce into small bowl, discard orange slices and cinnamon, and return to pan.
- Whisk in pectin, and simmer 1 minute, or until thickened. Cool.
- Place cheese on plate. Pour sauce over top, sprinkle with pistachios, and serve with crackers or slices of French bread.