Dried Cherry, Orange and Pecan Coffee Cake
- Heat oven to 350°F Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cardamom. Stir in the cherries and pecans.
- In a separate bowl, cream sugar and ghee until light and whisk in eggs, vanilla, orange flavoring, milk and orange juice.
- Fold creamed mixture into dry ingredients a little at a time and working as lightly as possible. Stir until blended.
- Pour half of batter into prepared pan. Spread evenly.
- Spoon marmalade evenly over batter, and distribute chopped oranges evenly over top. Pour remaining batter over oranges.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool before serving. Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.