Prep 1 hr
Cook 50 mins
Another easy to make recipe (my favorite kind). I love good recipe, but I like them to be easy. Prep time includes standing time for apples and juice. All else can be mixed while waiting on the apples to stand in the juice.
- Heat juice or cider to a boil and pour over dried apples; let stand for 1 hour.
- Cook apples in juice for 10 to 15 minutes or till tender.
- Stir remaining ingredients together.
- Add to apples and mix well.
- Put prepared pie crust in a 9-inch pie pan.
- Pour prepared apple mixture into crust.
- Top with 2nd crust.
- Brush with milk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 400° for 50 minutes or till done.
Great idea for using dried apples! I made the pie today, using one crust and a crumble top and it is very good. I like the spices and although I nearly burned it that was the oven, not the recipe. I will have to bake it at 375 next time. I will probably put in dried cranberries with it next time. Carole in Orlando
This was soooo good. Was surprised how tasty this turned out. My DH just loved it. We dry our own apples so I will be making this often. Thanks for posting this wonderful recipe.
I am terrible at making pies but this came out WONDERFUL! I've done it twice, once with white sugar in the mix and once with brown sugar. Both pies had crumble toppings. The brown tasted better. (or so said my guests) Great taste and easy to make.