- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pinch pepper
- 2 1⁄4 lbs frozen peas
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat and mix all the sauce ingredients (except peas) in a saucepan.
- Stir until it boils and thickens slightly.
- Cook peas according to instructions on the package.
- Drain peas; add sauce to warm peas, mix and serve.
- Peas may also be served as a cold vegetable.