- 3 quarts water
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 cup winter squash, cut into large cubes
- 1 cup root vegetables
- turnips or parsnips or rutabaga, for sweetness
- 2 cups chopped kale or 2 cups parsley or 2 cups beet leaves or 2 cups collard greens or 2 cups chard leaves or 2 cups dandelion greens
- 2 celery ribs
- 1⁄2 cup cabbage
- fresh ginger
- 2 whole garlic cloves (not chopped or crushed)
- sea salt (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Add all the ingredients at once and place on a low boil for approximately 60 minutes. It may take a little longer. Simply continue to boil to taste.
- Cool, strain (throw out the cooked vegetables), and store in a large, tightly-sealed glass container in the fridge.
- Heat gently and drink up to 3 to 4 cups a day.