Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
An easy,elegant alternative to the usual pie.The tang of cream cheese and spark of crystallized ginger really make this tart special.Use the Graham Cracker Tart Crust(Graham Cracker Tart Crust),posted seperately here.
- 6 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup very firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup solid-pack pumpkin puree
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon table salt
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 large egg
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped crystallized ginger (more for garnish)
- whipped cream (to garnish) (optional)
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and heat the oven to 325°F
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese and brown sugar with a stand mixer or handheld mixer on medium speed until smooth and lump-free,about 3 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin,cinnamon, ginger, and salt and continue beating until well blended, about 1 minute.
- Add the egg yolk, egg, and vanilla and beat until just incorporated.
- Sprinkle the chopped crystallized ginger over the batter and stir it in with a rubber spatula.
- Use the spatula to scrape the filling into the crust and spread evenly.
- Bake the tart until the filling just barely jiggles when the tart pan is nudged, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Transfer the tart to a rack and let cool completely. Refrigerate the tart in the pan until chilled and firm, about 3 hours.
- Garnish with whipped cream and crystallized ginger.
Great recipe but you'd better really, really like ginger because it's really an overwhelming flavor in this tart. I will definitely make it again BUT I think I will cut back on the ginger maybe by half. Otherwise loved it!