Recipe by macy0611
Old fashioned fried fruit pie....Big hit anywhere.
Top Review by Miss Kitty
Very light and tasty! I wasn't sure that I was going to like these, because I thought they would be too heavy tasting. I was wrong, they are SOOOO good!! They don't end up with a "biscuity" taste either. I didn't have any dried fruit to reconstitute, so I chunked up some apples, microwaved them for about 1½ minutes, drained them, and proceded as per the instructions. Light, delicious, and easy to prepare, make this recipe a keeper. My "Picky Panel of Judges" gave this 5 stars.
- 2 packages dried peaches or 2 packages dried apples
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 (10 ounce) canpillsbury flaky refrigerated biscuits, divided in half
Directions See How It's Made
- Stew the fruit about 30 minutes.
- Remove and drain water.
- Cover with sugar and chop fine.
- Place in refrigerator and cool, I prefer overnight.
- Roll out biscuits on a floured board and place one heaping Tablespoon of fruit and fold over.
- Seal edges with a floured fork.
- Fry on med heat in hot oil for around 8 minutes, turning over several times to brown evenly.
- Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Can be sprinkled with powdered sugar if you like.