Easy Summer Fruit Tart
This is a fun fruit tart recipe that doesn't require too much baking and will work with almost any summer fruit. A great place to play with color palatte and shapes.
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chilled salted butter, cut into 8 pieces
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄3 cup cold water
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- peach, nectarines, berries, etc etc., whatever you like that is in season
- For the shell: pulse dry ingredients in food processor to combine. Add butter and pulse until pea sized crumbs form -- don't process too much. Pour in water gradually until dough forms into a ball. Turn out and roll into a circle about 15 inches in diameter. Move to cookie sheet lined in parchment paper. Fold over/pleat outer edge of the dough about 3/4 inch. Line the inside of the dough with a piece of foil, and add rice or beans or pie weights to prevent the crust from bubbling during baking. Bake at 375 for 25-35 minutes until crust is lightly browned. You can remove the foil/blind bake rig after 10 minutes.
- For the filling - combine the ingredients and whip/beat in stand mixer until fluffy.
- For the glaze -1/2 cup whatever kind of jelly melted in the microwave for ~30 seconds. Clearer colors are best. I used Rosé wine gelée from Whole Foods.
- To assemble - let the shell cool to room temperature and then spread the filling inside the shell. Arrange fruit. Brush on glaze. Eat ASAP!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION