Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another winning recipe from my allstar collection... this is a moist cornbread, that is full of flavor, one of the best recipes around for cornbread.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar (if desired for a little sweetness)
- 3⁄4 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, drained and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup half-and-half cream or 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil or 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- Set oven to 400 degrees Oil a 9" baking pan In a medium bowl, stir together, flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt and sugar (if using) Stir in cheese, corn, chilies, salt and oil In a small bowl, beat eggs well combined; add to cornmeal mixture, and stir only until blended Pour mixture into prepared baking pan Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until lightly browned Cut in squares, serve hot or warm-- delicious!
Great cornbread. Very moist and flavouful. Followed recipe just as written and came out perfect. Went great with my chili. Thanks Kitten for all your awsome recipes
I'm looking for a corn bread recipe that is not as crumby & dry as this one. Baked for 30 mins & followed directions to the letter.