I always loved the cinnamon & clove in my mom's chocolate zucchini cake. I decided to make an oatmeal cookie which included these.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets. Stir together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt, cinnamon & cloves;.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the margarine, shortening, brown sugar and white sugar. Beat in the egg, vanilla & milk. Stir in the dry ingredients using a wooden spoon. Mix in the oats and chocolate chips.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheets, leaving 2 inches between cookies.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly browned.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a.
- wire rack to cool completely.
- Or bake in large bar pan for 18 minutes.