Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I got this recipe from a friend after trying it at a pool party. This is SO good.
- 2 lbs hamburger
- 1 (4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (8 ounce) jar taco sauce
- 8 ounces Catalina dressing
- 1 (8 ounce) package mexican cheese, shredded
- 1 (16 ounce) bag Doritos, crushed
- 1⁄2 head iceberg lettuce, chopped fine
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- tortilla chips
- Brown hamburg; add taco seasoning according to package.
- Chill for 2 hours.
- Add Taco Sauce, Catalina dressing, cheese and bag of crushed Doritos. Mix well.
- Add lettuce and tomatoes; mix together.
- Serve cold with your favorite tortilla chips.
Very good. I do not refrigerate the meat, but just let it come to room temperature. I add pinto beans, green onion, black olives and don't cut up the lettuce so small and you have a wonderful taco salad.
This is good stuff! I was skeptical b/c I LOVE Doritos plain, but this really is a good combo. The Catalina dressing brings the perfect amount of 'sweet' to 'spicy' in this dip. I made a 2nd batch that I actually liked a bit more: I served the dip warm, adding the shredded lettuce afterwards and served it WITH the chips as dippers.
I chose this recipe for Pick a Chef '06 and I am glad I did. This was a wonderful snack. I think the next time I prepare this I will heat the seasonings, dressing and cheese. I will let you know how that turns out. Thanks Kerry for a great recipe to serve to guests or to enjoy anytime.