Chef #432736's Note:
This almost sounds too easy to be good, but it is delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can rotel, undrained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can low-fat cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can low-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 loaf Velveeta cheese, diced
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- crushed Doritos
- 1Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium-high. Add onion and cook until tender.
- 2Add rice and stir to coat in oil and cook about one minute.
- 3Add broth and tomato sauce, bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to low for 5-10 minutes.
- 4While rice is cooking, combine soups, Rotel, Velveeta and cumin in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on High for 2 minutes.
- 5Add chicken and continue heating in the microwave until Velveeta is melted and mixture is hot.
- 6Serve chicken over rice, topped with crushed Doritoes. Yum!
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dorito Chicken With Mexican Rice
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 305.5
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 49.9 mg
- Sodium 767.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 19.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat cream of chicken soup
low-fat cream of mushroom soup