Recipe by lazyme
I found this recipe years ago in the Best Recipes from the backs of boxes, bottles, cans and jars cookbook. It's still my husband's favorite meatloaf. I usually add another can of soup for the gravy so that we have plenty to pour over mashed potatoes too. Most times I also add some sauteed mushrooms to the gravy.
Top Review by BfloBred
This is a delicious, easy recipe. The only change I made was to use "Campell's Golden Mushroom Soup". I have been using this product for many years after I was told to use it in a Beef Stroganoff recipe and it makes a marvelous difference.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs or 1⁄2 cup oats
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix thoroughly 1/2 cup soup, beef, breadcrumbs, egg, onion, and salt.
- Shape firmly into loaf (8x4-inch); place in shallow baking pan.
- Bake at 375ºF for 1 hour, 15 minutes.
- In saucepan, blend remaining soup, water, and 2 to 3 tablespoons drippings.
- Heat, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with loaf.