Dad's - Our Favorite Meatloaf
photo by Red_Apple_Guy
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- For the tomato relish, chop tomatoes, peppers, and onions into a medium dice. Saute over high heat. Finish with ketchup. Lower heat. Reduce to a simmer.
- For the Meatloaf, in a large mixing bowl, using a fork, combine 1/2 cup of the tomato relish, the ground meats, egg and egg white, bread crumbs, garlic and skim milk.
- Finish with olive oil, and then lightly pack into a 9-inch loaf pan.
- Cover with half the remaining relish and place in the middle of a preheated 350 degree oven.
- Bake for 45 minutes to one hour or until the center of the meat loaf reaches 170 degrees.
- Allow meatloaf to cool 15 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with additional relish.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My wife and I live just outside of Atlanta, GA. Two daughters live in town, one with my two grandsons. My son is living in California. I'm a retired environmental manager at a manufacturing facility. My Mom and Dad would have loved this site. Dad was a huge collector of recipes and was in the food industry. Mom was a terrific cook as well. Another influence was a roommate at the Universtiy of Arkansas that was an excellent cook. Today I enjoy barbecuing and grilling year round and cooking in general. My latest adventure is in bread baking. I'm loving it and going to school on it right here on the bread forum. I'm active in a terrific church and also love fly fishing and fly tying.