Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A wonderful tasty Jamaican treat, posted compliments of a member of Negril.com.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup corn oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, with juice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease and flour a 10 inch tube pan.
- Into a large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Make a well in the flour mixture.
- Add the mashed bananas, oil, vanilla, eggs and pineapple with juice.
- Fold in the nuts.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 90 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely on wire rack.
Wonderfully flavorful and moist cake. I followed the directions exactly, even the 90 minutes bake time, and it was perfect with rave reviews from guests. Into my "Family Favorites" cookbook it goes!! Thanks Nat for a wonderful cake!
This is an easy-to-prepare and filling cake. I've made it a few times and I like to take this for a picnic because when I get hungry, sky's the limit! :)