Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Excellent do ahead dish. put it all together, refrigerate and pop in the oven 50 min before dinner. Very attractive dish. To cut back on the amount of liquid that may end up with your finished dish remove seeds from the tomatoes and instead of slicing them and cut them in quaters
- 2 1⁄2 lbs fresh broccoli, cut into flowerettes
- 3 large tomatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup sour cream (lite can be used)
- 1 cup mayonnaise (lite is ok)
- 2⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees, butter 8" square oven proof dish.
- Arrange broccoli in the dish.
- Top with the sliced tomatoes or deseeded tomato quarters
- Sprinkle with the basil.
- In a bowl combine the sour cream, mayo and parmesan (reserve a little parmesan to sprinkle over top).
- Spread this mixture over top the tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with remaining parmesan.
- Bake uncovered 40-50 minutes.
- It should be bubbly and light brown.
Excellent do ahead dish. I thought the broccoli may be a bit mushy after an hour in the oven but it comes out crisp and good. Loved it. Thanks again Bergy.
This is a winner. Didn't have broccoli soo used califlower. Added fresh garlic, butter and feta onto the tomatoes. Added a bit of mustard to mayo/s. cream mixture Spread on top. Wonderful!
This is a delightful dish -- elegant enough for company and so easy to make! I sprinkled Balsamic Vinegar on top of the tomatoes the second time I made this, for an added punch of flavor -- and it was super, but you needn't do that since the recipe is super as is! I plan to take this to the next potluck dinner we attend!