Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This dessert is always a hit with kids and adults!
- 2 packages Oreo cookies
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 -3 ounces French vanilla instant pudding
- 12 ounces Cool Whip
- gummy worms (optional)
- Grind up oreos in a food processor until the consistency of dirt.
- Beat cream cheese, margarine and powdered sugar until smooth, set aside.
- Beat milk and pudding as directed on package.
- Fold in Cool Whip, set aside.
- Combine mixed ingredients (other than oreos) to make one mixture.
- Layer oreo crumbs"dirt" with this mixture, beginning and ending with"dirt".
- For kids: Make dessert in a sterilized 8" flower pot and decorate the top of dish with gummy-worms.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
A true kids dessert. I have even made it with banana cookie crumbs as sand and placed a drink umbrella in top of the cup. It is pretty in a clear cup.
I made this for a friends bridal shower and served it with a little plastic shovel. It was the biggest hit. Great conversation piece.
I made this years ago when the kids were little. Now DD is grown up and her best friend is getting married. The best friend requested Dirt for her bridal shower so, of course we obliged! We made this and put it in children's sand buckets - served with the plastic spoon. Of course, we topped it with gummy worms. A big hit with everyone, including the groom who with him 2 best friends in time to help "clean up" the buffet. Absolutely easy to make and delicious, a pleasure to eat. It's not just kids food!