Dirt Cups For Kids
photo by Brandyejo
- Ready In:
- Also need 8 to 10 (7 oz.) Clear plastic Cups.
- Decorations: gummy worms, gummy frogs, candy flowers, chopped peanuts.
- Pour milk into a large mixing bowl.
- Add pudding mix.
- Beat with whisk until well blended, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Stir in whipped topping and half of the crushed cookies.
- Place 1 tablespoon crushed cookies into bottom of cups.
- Fill cups 3/4 full with pudding mixture.
- Top with remaining crushed cookies.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Decorate with the candy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I used the pudding cups instead of making my own pudding. Our grocery store was out of gummy worms!?! Very odd. I'm wondering if a large group was also doing this project and that explains the lack of gummy worms(?), anyways, we used frogs instead and it was very cute. We hope to make this again with gummy worms and frogs.
My mom made a very similar recipe for us growing up. Only differences were that she didn't use cups, used instant devil fudge pudding, didn't stir half the cookies into the pudding, and added worms to both the top of the pudding and the top of the final layer of cookies. We called it dirt and worms. Very very tasty recipe, one of my favorite desserts (even if I am kind of old for it now).
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I made this account back in 2001, when the site was called "Recipezaar". A lot has changed in my life since then. My kids are all grown and I try to eat a low-carb lifestyle now. Some of my older recipes were handed down from my grandmother. I hope you all enjoy them as much as I have. Current recipes that I post will mostly be low carb or keto.